Wednesday, October 10, 2007

#7 Technology


Where to start? Technology is all encompassing, it surrounds us everywhere. Children today take it all so for granted, everything they do today is so immediate and freely available. I'm still trying to get my head around a lot the things that they do - how do they know so much and when did THEY learn it.

Personally I love the camera, and now after learning about Flickr and all the artistic avenues one can go down, it becomes that much more exciting a field (and more time consuming.) I like the fact that you can make time stand still for that one brief moment, to be scrapbooked at a later date and have all those memories come flooding right back.
Cameras themselves have changed so much over the years. You take a photo of any little kid now, and straight away they ask to look at the picture - there's none of the waiting. It's all about instant gratification, with no having to wait HOWEVER LONG for the film to be finished or for it then to be taken to be developed.


Photography is also one thing that I have been able to teach the children and not the other way around - at least pre us getting a digital camera at any rate.





"A treasured memory."

1 comment:

My Place said...

My my how time goes by...you and your girls look great. Rhonda