Sunday, December 2, 2007

#22 Audiobooks (or "The end is in sight")


I love listening to audiobooks in the car - they are especially useful on our many trips to Queensland visiting family. Being able to download titles onto an mp3 player sounds like something I would do (once I get an actual player.)
The ebooks we could download for free were classics and probably things I should read. The quality of the productions weren't the best, which may have put me off a little. I might listen to some of the children's titles with my youngest daughter.
Listening to the online demo of Overdrive, it was interesting to note that downloadable eAudiobooks were around 40% cheaper for libraries to purchase than those currently on CD. That and the fact they can't be overdue, lost or damaged makes them sound like they're the way to go.

No comments: